The MBA Dual Specialization program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of business and management principles, as well as specialized knowledge in two distinct areas of business. Students can choose to specialize in -
Finance | HR | Marketing | Logistics and Supply Chain Management | Business Analytics
In the dual MBA in HR and Finance, the HR specialization focuses on the recruitment, selection, development, and retention of human capital. Students will gain an understanding of the principles of human resources management, including performance appraisal, training and development, compensation and benefits, and labor relations.
The finance specialization focuses on the principles of financial management, corporate finance, and financial decision-making. Students will learn about budgeting, capital budgeting, cost of capital, risk management, financial derivatives, and capital structure.
Similarly, in the MBA dual specialization list, the Marketing specialization provides students with an understanding of the principles of marketing, including consumer behavior, market segmentation, product development, pricing, advertising and promotion, and sales management. The Logistics and Supply Chain Management specialization covers the principles of logistics, including procurement, inventory management, transportation, and warehousing.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Quantitative Methods||Design Thinking and Innovation I|
|POM & Organizational Behaviour||Introduction to Business Analytics & R Programming|
|Business Economics||Business Research Methodology|
|Financial and Management Accounting||Human Resource Management|
|Marketing Management||Financial Management|
|Business Environment (International & National)||Operations Management|
|Business Legislation||Information Systems & ERP|
|Business Communication||Soft Skills for Managers|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Strategic Management||Design Thinking and Innovation II|
|Entrepreneurship & Family Business||Business Ethics & Corporate
|Business Communication||Soft Skills for Managers|
Program Outcomes (PO's)
|1. Core Business Knowledge||Able to synthesize the knowledge, management skills, and tools acquired in the program, which will be helpful to shape the organizations effectively.|
|2. Career Planning and Decision Making||Able to excel in their chosen career paths, by learning on how to live, adapt and manage business environmental change through decision making.|
|3. Critical Thinking and Leadership||Able to reflect upon and explore business and research problems in depth, to demonstrate leadership skills and to demonstrate ability to pursue new knowledge necessary to succeed in dynamic domestic and international business environments.|
|4. Manager & Society||Able to emerge as efficient managers equipped with innovation, rationality and application oriented decision-making in the context of the ever-changing business environment.|
|5. Team Building &Business Communication||Able to communicate effectively and to perform different roles efficiently as an individual or in a team in multi-disciplinary streams with entrepreneurial edge.|
|6. Business perspective and Sustainability||Able to gain an understanding of professional, legal, financial, marketing, production & operational activities, logistics, ethical, social issues and responsibilities|
|7. Application of Statistical and Analytical tools||Able to gain knowledge of contemporary issues and develops an art of using current techniques, skills and necessary analytical tools for managerial practice.|
Program Specific Outcomes
- Graduates will be able to inculcate leadership, managerial and entrepreneurial competencies and strengthen their expertise in implementation of strategies and the management of complex situation.
- Graduates will develop professional skills that prepare them for immediate employment and for life-long learning in advanced areas of management and related fields.
Program Education Objectives
- Make students to apply techniques of business analysis, data management and problem-solving skills in order to support business management decision-making in the field of relevance.
- Inculcate leadership skills needed for implementing and coordinating organizational activities and managing change to explore business problems in depth for developing their functional knowledge to think strategically and to lead, motivate and manage teams across borders.
- Nurture with abilities to integrate business knowledge and management techniques to aid planning and control in a changing environment and to enhance better career paths.
These PEOs are designed to be attained by all the post-graduates within 2 years of their education.
|To attain leadership in Management Education||To attain leadership in Research||To attain leadership in Consultancy||To nurture the students industry ready||To make the students as a responsible citizen of nation.|
|Make students to apply techniques of business analysis, data management and problem-solving skills inorder to support decision-making||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Inculcate leadership skills needed for implementing and coordinating organizational activities||YES||YES|
|Managing change to explore business problems in depth for developing their functional knowledge||YES||YES||YES|
|To think strategically and to lead, motivate and manage teams across borders||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|Nurture with abilities to integrate business knowledge and management techniques||YES||YES||YES||YES|
|To aid planning and control in a changing environment and to enhance better career paths.||YES||YES||YES||YES|
MBA dual specialization in Finance, Human Resources, Marketing, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and Business Analytics offers a wide range of career opportunities.
- In Finance, students can pursue careers in corporate finance, investment banking, risk management, portfolio management and financial planning.
- In Human Resources, students can pursue careers in recruiting, staffing, training, talent management, organizational development and compensation & benefits.
- In Marketing, students can pursue careers in brand management, market research, product management, sales and advertising.
- In Logistics and Supply Chain Management, students can pursue careers in distribution and logistics management, inventory management, procurement and transportation.
- In Business Analytics, students can pursue careers in data science, predictive analytics, big data, machine learning and statistical analysis.
With such a wide range of career opportunities, MBA dual specialization can open up various pathways for professional growth and development.
|PROGRAM NAME||DURATION (in Years)||MERIT FEE / SEM||MERIT FEE/ YEAR (Full Fee based on scholarship)*||FULL FEE / YEAR||ELIGIBILITY for Admission|
|MBA Dual Specialization||2 Yrs||Rs. 2,25,000||Rs. 4,50,000||Rs. 4,65,000||60% & KLMAT, ICET, CAT, MAT|
The eligibility criteria for this program is a 60% in relevant bachelor's degree along with KLMAT, ICET, CAT, MAT.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can admission to MBA dual-specialization be obtained without clearing any qualifying examinations?
A. Any qualifying examination (KLMAT, ICET, CAT, MAT) along with 60% in Bachelor’s degree is mandatory for getting into the MBA dual-specialization program of KLH GBS.
2. What are the skills required to pursue an MBA dual-specialization?
A. To pursue an MBA dual-specialization, students require data analytics skills, business acumen, an entrepreneurial mindset, communication skills, critical thinking, research skills, and time management.
3. Which is better, MBA or MBA dual-specialization?
A. MBA programs typically focus on general management and leadership principles, while MBA dual-specialization programs are designed for students who want to specialize in specific areas. If you have a specific career path in mind, then a dual-specialization program is the better choice.
4. How MBA-dual specialization helps in career development?
A. MBA dual-specialization can be a great way to enhance your career development. It allows you to gain a deeper understanding of two different areas of business, which can give you a competitive edge in the job market.
Having two specializations can open up more job opportunities, as employers may be looking for someone with a specific combination of skills. Finally, having two specializations can also help you to stand out from the competition.
5. Is prior work experience required for joining an MBA dual-specialization program at KLH GBS?
A. No, prior work experience is not mandatory for joining an MBA dual-specialization program at KLH GBS. Students with a Bachelor's degree and minimum eligibility criteria can join this program.